Date: 2/22/17 3:55 pm
From: Susan Hedman <2winterwren...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Ovenbird Rusty Blackbirds Horn Pond Recreation Area, Feb 22, 2017
Horn Pond Recreation Area, Middlesex, Massachusetts, US Feb 22, 2017 9:00
AM - 11:30 AMProtocol: Traveling 2.0 mile(s)
Comments: entered from sturgis street parking area at Horn Pond Woburn
with Linda Ferraresso walked a loop that included a spot where there were 2
suet feeders by a post marker #8 weather clear with mild temps 40's
30 species

Mute Swan (Cygnus olor) 5
Mallard (Anas platyrhynchos) 12
Hooded Merganser (Lophodytes cucullatus) 3
Great Blue Heron (Ardea herodias) 1
American Coot (Fulica americana) 14 Small flock of coot in open water
Sturgis St. entrance
Ring-billed Gull (Larus delawarensis) X
Herring Gull (Larus argentatus) X
Mourning Dove (Zenaida macroura) 8
Red-bellied Woodpecker (Melanerpes carolinus) 1
Downy Woodpecker (Picoides pubescens) 3
Northern Flicker (Colaptes auratus) 2
Blue Jay (Cyanocitta cristata) 12
Black-capped Chickadee (Poecile atricapillus) 10
Tufted Titmouse (Baeolophus bicolor) 8
White-breasted Nuthatch (Sitta carolinensis) 2
Carolina Wren (Thryothorus ludovicianus) 1 Singing
American Robin (Turdus migratorius) 15
Northern Mockingbird (Mimus polyglottos) 2
European Starling (Sturnus vulgaris) 6
Ovenbird (Seiurus aurocapilla) 1 Continuing bird coming into suet
feeders near trail marker 8
American Tree Sparrow (Spizelloides arborea) 6
Dark-eyed Junco (Junco hyemalis) 15
White-throated Sparrow (Zonotrichia albicollis) 4
Song Sparrow (Melospiza melodia) 8
Northern Cardinal (Cardinalis cardinalis) 4
Red-winged Blackbird (Agelaius phoeniceus) 6
Rusty Blackbird (Euphagus carolinus) 14 Close views of Rusties by the
feeder
Common Grackle (Quiscalus quiscula) 8
Brown-headed Cowbird (Molothrus ater) 4
House Sparrow (Passer domesticus) X

View this checklist online at http://ebird.org/ebird/view/
checklist/S34655649

Susan Hedman, Gloucester
"I believe in God, only I spell it Nature." Frank Lloyd Wright

Join us on Facebook!