Date: 2/22/17 7:10 am
From: matt V. <fickity...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] Weekend Yuma County
Greetings! On Saturday, Yuma County received 0.83 inches slowly
over the entire day. Doesn't sound like much but it's probably one
third of our annual
total? Today, I went out to various locations on Sunday:

Hettema Street: I found the CALIFORNIA SCRUB JAY perched in a
deciduous tree across the street from the house where it sometimes
visits the feeders.
It was very wet and preened for a bit in the bright sunshine, then
crossed the street to feed.

East Wetlands: The Black-and-white Warbler and bright Yellow Warbler
were easily found today in a feeding flock. I spent the next four
hours trying
to get photos of marsh birds. Although I tallied 11 Virginia rails and
5 to 6 Sora, not a single bird would show itself for photos.

Monday, Aztec Feed Lot: I found a basic WESTERN SANDPIPER in the cow
poo ponds along with the Least Sandpipers, Long-billed Dowitchers and
Killdeer.
Also here singles of Greater Yellowlegs and Wilson's Snipe. Sparrows
along the south edge included Sagebrush, Savannah, Lark, Vesper,
White-crowned,
Chipping and Brewer's. Also, 2 Sage Thrashers.

Dateland: No Zonotrichia flock present

Tacna Thrasher area: No birds at all, totally desolate at 1pm

I have about 111 photographed species for the Yuma Big Photo Year so far

Matt Victoria
Mesa del Sol
Yuma, AZ 85367

My photos can be seen here: https://mattv.smugmug.com/