Date: 2/21/17 6:41 pm
From: Range Bayer <range.bayer...>
Subject: [obol] Re: another brown booby [One Picked Up on Feb. 4 near Depoe Bay & Rehabbed]
Hi,

story plus photo that is presumably of the female Brown Booby picked
up by Oregon Coast Aquarium staff near Depoe Bay on Feb. 4. The date
and location of when the booby was found do not match what Darrel
heard on KNPT yesterday, but the story by OregonCoastDailyNews, which
is the Yaquina Bay Communications Radio web site came out yesterday,
too, so I suspect that it is probably be the same bird. KNPT is part
of Yaquina Bay Communications Radio. The booby below was transported
to California like Darrel heard on the radio.

Note that after reading the article that is in the Oregon Coast
Aquarium tab of the OregonCoastDailyNewsweb site, I think the title is
incorrect and that it should be "Tropical Bird Rescued By Oregon Coast
Aquarium"

"Tropical Bird Rescued By Oregon Coast Community College "
POSTED BY: OREGONCOASTDAILYNEWS FEBRUARY 20, 2017
http://oregoncoastdailynews.com/2017/02/20/tropical-bird-rescued-oregon-coast-community-college/

Excerpt: "When winter storms pushed a female brown booby (Sula
leucogaster) far north of its tropical range into the waters off the
central Oregon coast, aviculture staff at the Aquarium rushed to
rescue the bird on February 4 and bring it in for rehabilitation.
After a ten-day recuperation at the Aquarium, the bird was flown to
International Bird Rescue (IBR) in San Pedro, California on February
14."

Please read the rest of the article for more information.

Range Bayer, Newport, Oregon.

On Tue, Feb 21, 2017 at 5:48 PM, <5hats...> wrote:
> KNPT radio in Newport carried a story last night that a live Brown Booby had
> been picked up on the beach, apparently somewhere near Newport on Sunday. I
> didn't quite hear the entire report, but they said something about plans to
> fly it back to s. Cal.
>
> Darrel
>
> .
POST: Send your post to <obol...>