Date: 2/21/17 2:04 pm
From: <peachjmc...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET RE: Waterfowl Dick Young Forest Preserve, Batavia / Kane County
Thanks to Christopher Cudworth's post from yesterday, I decided to check out the viewing platform at Dick Young Forest Preserve this morning. I was afraid we wouldn't be able to see anything since we were driving into fog coming from Downers Grove, to Batavia. But visibility was pretty decent and there were a LOT of birds! So glad we went! Here are some highlights:

Green-winged Teal (19)
Pied-billed Grebe (2)
Trumpeter Swan (7)
Snow Goose (4)
Greater white-fronted Goose (Fly-over flock plus 3 in the water)
Canvasback (13)
Sandhill Cranes (Fly-over flock, plus 2 that flew back & forth, right in front of us!)
Redheads (7)

Joan Campbell
Downers Grove/DuPage, birding in Kane County today

Join us on Facebook!