Date: 2/21/17 11:49 am
From: W MCCRADY <wmccrady...>
Subject: RE: [AZNMbirds] Turkey Vulture
Greetings, Birders,

For what it’s worth, we had two Turkey Vultures show up in southern Nevada near the California border on February 12. We now have two roosting regularly near where we are staying east of Death Valley.

As a Sonoran desert native, birding in the Mojave desert has been a pleasant surprise. For anyone looking for someplace new to bird or just explore as a nature tourist, consider checking out Ash Meadows Nat’l Wildlife Refuge. Three hundred species of birds have been seen at the refuge. I arrived in the area barely too late for fall migration and have still managed to see 134 species just on the refuge. I’m now eagerly awaiting any spring migrants that arrive before we leave at the end of March.

Wendy McCrady
Amargosa Valley, NV (formerly of Catalina, AZ)

From: Diane Drobka <sunny1az...><mailto:<sunny1az...>>
Date: 2/20/17 7:02 PM (GMT-07:00)
To: <aznmbirds...><mailto:<aznmbirds...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] Turkey Vulture

What is the earliest they have returned to Arizona? We had one fly over our house in Pima (near Safford) today. Will post photo with my eBird checklist later tonight.