Date: 2/20/17 12:09 pm
From: Carol Joan Patterson <0000003a0ccbe138-dmarc-request...>
Subject: garden at ONSC
To all you gardeners on ARBIRD,

We are planning a garden at ONSC.  It will be situated right in front of the Education Building.  Most of this area has sapling-sized trees, but there it a corner on the side near the Ewing Center that is more open.  We want native plants that will attract pollinators.  I believe that this area was once a glade, so I'm guessing that the soil may be shallow.  However, some parts receive runoff, so should be moist.  I actually used to be a gardener, and I was particularly interested in native plants, but I would appreciate any information that might help, especially ideas for plants that benefit birds or pollinators, and where they would do well.

Happy Birding!
Joanie

Join us on Facebook!