Date: 2/20/17 11:07 am
From: Steve Mirick <smirick...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Varied Thrush - NO FOR US
Sadly, we missed the Varied Thrush yesterday. I thought I might offer
the suggestion that the bird currently appears to be much more likely
early in the morning according to the property owner. He saw the bird
yesterday at 7 AM and I also see on eBird that Scott Surner had the bird
at 7:30 AM.

A long drive for us and we got there late; at about 12:30 PM. We stayed
for most of the day searching around and spending a lot of time at the
feeder. In fact, we were at 117 Westport Village Road from about 2:45
PM to 4:15 PM maintaining a vigil at the feeder, but didn't see the
bird, or Jon Atwood! Probably Jon had the bird when we left the feeder
area for about a 1/2 hour to poke around downtown Keene, hoping for
Bohemian Waxwings....which we didn't get.

Oh well. Some you get and some you miss. Consolation was some
Vietnamese food for dinner in Leominster, MA. Yummy pho.

Steve & Jane Mirick
Bradford, MA