Date: 2/17/17 6:19 am
Subject: Birding advice for Southwest U.S.???
Hi folks,
Understanding that a lot of you travel with the intent to bird, I was hoping some of you may be able to give me some pointers for where to go on my trip in late July.
I have two weeks where I fly in to San Diego and have intentionally scheduled time to go backpacking with the intent of not only getting some time alone in the wilderness, but specifically get some time birding at the same time.
I have a fair bit of experience in the Sierra's, so was wondering if people had suggestions for places to go in western Arizona that might produce birds that pop over from Mexico. I have heard that there are "cloud forests" in Arizona, but I haven't found any info on them.
If there are good places to stop off while driving, please suggest them. But I am also really looking for a wilderness trail where I can get a backpacking permit to get to more remote birding if there is any to be had.
I welcome any and all advice. With the understanding that there may be a lot of feedback, please respond directly to my email rather than the whole group.
Gratefully,
David

Director of Environmental Education
St. Christopher Camp & Conference Center
Seabrook Island, SC

Sent from my iPhone

Join us on Facebook!