Date: 2/17/17 5:59 am
From: Dane Ferrell <daneferrell...>
Subject: [texbirds] Northern Harrier...
Hello All,

Yesterday (02/16), I had a stunning adult male Northern Harrier at the Oso Bay Wetlands Preserve. Also seen was a Sharp-shinned Hawk, Osprey with fish, Sandhill Cranes, Orange-crowned Warbler, Lincoln's and Savanna h Sparrows. Other Birds seen within the past week at the Oso Preserve include Groove-billed Ani , Long-billed Thrasher, Crested Caracara, and Common Ground-Dove.

Please join us this Saturday (02/18) at the Oso Bay Wetlands Preserve as we participate in the 20th annual Great Backyard Bird Count, from 9am to 12 pm. Activities include a guided Birdwalk at 9am, a Bird Nature Craft at 10:30am, and a Peregrine Falcon Presentation at 11:30am. Of course, we will be counting Birds as well! A full schedule of events can be found at osopreserve.com

Admission is free, all are welcome, so please come and join us!

Dane Ferrell

Corpus Christi, Texas

http://www.freelists.org/list/texbirds

from the List Owner