Date: 2/16/17 1:41 pm
From: Kleb Woods (Commissioner Pct. 3) <KlebWoods...>
Subject: [texbirds] Kleb Woods upcoming bird programs
This Wednesday, February 22, we will have our regular weekly bird walk from 8:30 AM until 11:30 AM. After a break for lunch, we will have a class on birding the Katy Prairie in spring from 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM. This class is the third in a 4-part series presented by Fred Collins. Incorporating both park and roadside birding is necessary to fully appreciate this unique habitat, and it can be difficult to navigate at first. The last class in the series will be on May 24 about birding the prairie in the summer.
On Thursday, February 23, we will have our monthly Bear Creek bird walk from 8:30 AM to 10:00 AM. Meet at the intersection of Golbow Dr. and Koch Ln. We will try once again for that pesky Greater Pewee as well as other wintering birds. You may prefer to arrive earlier as the bird activity seems to be slowing down around 9:00 AM.

We hope to see you all there.

Kendra Kocab
Naturalist: Kleb Woods Nature Center
Commissioner Steve Radack