Date: 2/12/17 5:35 pm
From: Ted Floyd <tedfloyd57...>
Subject: [cobirds] High Plains Snow Goose Festival, Lamar, Prowers County, Feb. 16-19, 2017
Hey, everybody.

Just a reminder that the annual High Plains Snow Goose Festival is upon us.
Full details on the festival here:

http://www.highplainssnowgoose.com/

Laura Erickson is the keynote speaker and special guest. Field trips should
be excellent; all of them entail splendid birding, and most of them even
make it back. We will look for all the great birds Janeal Thompson & Co.
have been scouting for us... ;-)

Oh, and the weather is supposed to be glorious. Chances are, we'll all
actually make it out of Lamar on Sunday. (Doesn't necessarily work out that
way in blizzard years.)

The High Plains Snow Goose Festival, now in its 15th year, is proudly
cosponsored by Colorado Field Ornithologists. (Which means you can get CFO
schwag at the event.) Hannah is bringing her clarinet, and Andrew is
bringing his new proof of the Pythagorean Theorem. Is this gonna be fun or
what? Hope to see you in Lamar later this week!

Ted Floyd
Lafayette, Boulder County

P.s. Speaking of Boulder County (I just couldn't resist, eh?), I saw 9
Eastern Bluebirds (all males) and a "Prairie" Merlin early this Sunday
morning, Feb. 12, near Teller Lake No. 5. Yesterday evening, Feb. 11, at
Stearns Lake, there was a beautiful Ferruginous Hawk. Photos, discussion,
and "likes" at the CFO Facebook site. Checklists at eBird.