Date: 2/11/17 12:27 pm
From: Mary Beth Stowe <mbstowe...>
Subject: [texbirds] FW: eBird -- Sabal Palm Sanctuary (LTC 042) -- Feb 11, 2017
Hi, all! Spent the morning sheltered from the wind at Sabal Palm Sanctuary
just enjoying the trails and seeing/hearing whatever happened to be around;
my favorites included a big flock of Chihuahuan Ravens making their way
overhead at the Rabb House, and a perky little Black-throated Green Warbler
in the woods (and it IS a lovely woods)! Chachalacas were chorusing, a
couple of Long-billed Thrashers were having a territorial dispute, and
interestingly Black Vultures were new for my Sabal Palm list! The feeders
were rather quiet as apparently a "predator" of some kind had just moved
through. No butterflies of note due to the wind, but I hadn't seen a
Dusky-blue Groundstreak in a while, so that was nice!

Mary Beth Stowe
Alamo, TX
www.miriameaglemon.com