Date: 2/11/17 12:19 pm
Subject: Great Kiskadee
Thanks to Carl Miller and Roger Smith and their ears I was fortunate enough
to see the Bear Is, (SC) WMA Kiskadee this morning. It is hanging out in
the vicinity of where Steve Patterson found the bird.

I know there has already been some suggestion that the bird is an escapee.
If you check ebird you will find that Kiskadees wonder pretty widely.
They have been seen as far north as South Dakota and as far east as
Slidell, La. I bird in Louisiana every year and there have been increasing
reports of Kiskadees across the state especially moving east. Slidell is
very close to the Mississippi line so the bird has crossed the Miss. River.

Lewis Burke

Join us on Facebook!