Date: 2/11/17 12:17 pm
From: Janeal Thompson <janealthompson...>
Subject: [cobirds] Lamar Community College/Prowers County
Gary Koehn of Colorado Springs and I visited Lamar Community College this
lovely morning in southeastern Colorado. Winds were calm, today!

Highlights for us were:

3 Northern Cardinal (adult males, sitting quietly because of
unidentified accipiter flying along the creek. The singing started
immediately after the intruder flew south)
12 Eastern Bluebirds (visiting Russian olive trees on the east side of
Willow Creek)
1 Carolina Wren (moved 100 yards farther north of the
subdivision where it was seen, yesterday, into the tangles of downed trees
along Willow Creek)
1 White-breasted Nuthatch (something we missed, yesterday)
1 Marsh Wren (totally silent and difficult to photograph)

Janeal Thompson
Lamar, CO

‚Äč