Date: 2/10/17 2:31 pm
Subject: location of Great Kiskadee

Several persons have asked me for directions to the kiskadee site.

When I arrived this morning, I was shown the location by someone who already had directions. It's not hard to find:

Take the main entrance road into Bear Island. Drive past the buildings and Mary's Pond on the right, all the way back to a set of directional signs (The Crossroads). Turn right, following the sign indicating "Pecan Trees". You will come to a gate which should be open. Walk or drive through the gate. Go past a one-way road on your right (which is the outflow of the current driving loop) and continue for another few hundred yards. There will be a grassy road on the left. Walk down this road and the bird was found both days in the trees and bushes on the left. (The right side of he grassy road is a field of tall grass and isolated trees.

I hope it returns and gives everyone looking a good view. Pleas feel free to contact further if you need more information or clarification.

Steve Patterson
Camden, SC

Join us on Facebook!