Date: 2/8/17 11:58 am
From: Dennis Shepler <dawgler...>
Subject: [texbirds] Texas City Dike this morning 2/8 local interest.
Howdy Texbirders,
I spent the morning on the TC Dike and Skyline Drive. Large flocks of
Eared Grebes (as usual), Red-breasted Mergansers (more than I saw when I
was there a few weeks ago), and a wonderful showing of Bonaparte's Gulls
working the flocks of grebes and mergansers. Of note were two Horned
Grebes about a half mile down Skyline Drive in the Bay.
I sure hope everyone can get out and bird during our lovely UTC spring. : )
Dennis
West Houston
Harris County
--