Date: 2/8/17 8:22 am
Subject: Re: Saw-whet Owl taping
Thanks for posting this to the list. Will look forward to any definitive replies on this subject
I wasn't able to find a definitive park service statement, but did find this, about the effects of noise in national parks, and feel we probably don't give enough thought to how our sounds affect wildlife's ability to thrive.
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.nps.gov_subjects_sound_effects.htm&d=DwIDaQ&c=imBPVzF25OnBgGmVOlcsiEgHoG1i6YHLR0Sj_gZ4adc&r=ymRCw6Q-sBitug_rdeO1Tokz-I_SX2LQN2_Ocvlal9U&m=MYClVmemIPSnzCBgfDoAigKlySTPDToGpxGKU3sLVn8&s=w34RzKKa96kB2iJSyYWER0FpTc2WGsRfvVYL7QQ78bg&e=

Mary K
------ Original message------From: Kent Fiala Date: Wed, Feb 8, 2017 8:59 AMTo: carolinabirds;Cc: Subject:Saw-whet Owl taping
Recently I've noticed some eBird checklists that comment on the Saw-whet Owls at Bodie Island Lighthouse (in the Cape Hatteras National Seashore) responding to playback. Does the National Park Service still prohibit use of playback on NPS properties? Kent Fiala

Join us on Facebook!