Date: 2/5/17 7:03 pm
Subject: Tyrrell Co. NC birds, 2/2/17
Sorry about the late report. Working at Buckridge Coastal Reserve on 2/2/17, Toni Dotterer and I detected 2 Red-cockaded Woodpeckers: 1 heard at Gum Neck Landing and 1 heard and then seen foraging in a cypress at a relatively inaccessible location about 1 mile to the west of the Landing accessed off the Alligator River shoreline. On the way to this latter location we had a couple other good birds in the wetlands off the Alligator River: 1 American Bittern, 2 Virginia Rails, and 1 Wilson's Snipe.

Nick Flanders

Portsmouth, VA

Join us on Facebook!