Date: 2/2/17 12:48 pm
From: Kathy and Jeff Dunning <mihmdunning...>
Subject: [cobirds] Fork-tailed Flycatcher
Greetings all -

This morning I contacted Nancy Leonard with regards to her Fork-tailed
Flycatcher eBird sighting.

I received the following response a little bit ago:

"Oh how I wish I could have taken a photo! The location as near as I can
tell you was just as we entered the entrance ramp to hwy 25 from 350 in
Trinidad. The bird flew in front of our car and to the right and landed in
a shrubby area. We were in traffic and could not stop safely. The bird was
slight in build and had almost identical markings to an eastern kingbird.
Before it landed, it spread its tail feathers into a wide vee. It did not
exhibit, at least for me to see, the heaviness of a magpie nor the bold
coloring of a magpie. In addition, the length of the tail was much longer
than the length of the body."

Good birding,
Kathy Mihm Dunning,
Denver CO