Date: 1/30/17 7:56 am
From: The \Nunn Guy\ <colorado.birder...>
Subject: [cobirds] Raptor Alley Trip With CSU Ornithology Club Results [Nunn, Weld]
Hi all

I led an enthusiastic group of birds from CSU Ornithology Club (21
students)--always a fun group to be with. The day was "ominous" though for
raptoring ... 30-35mph winds! Despite winds group got to see assorted
species and some great views of raptors.

The morning started out great my Prairie Falcon "plant" was awaiting the
group across from Nunn Cafe as well as my "second plant" bird our local
Great Horned Owl in his usual location across from my house. Both excited
the group greatly. They day ended with another Great Horned Owl
bookend--even closer than one at beginning of trip.

Photos:
http://coloradobirder.club/m/photos/browse/album/Raptor-Alley-January-29-2017/

Overall, it was "tough-sledding" with following results:

Total raptors: 12

- Great Horned Owl - 2
- Red-tailed Hawk - 3
- Rough-legged Hawk - 1
- Ferruginous Hawk - 2
- Prairie Falcon - 1
- Northern Harrier - 1
- American Kestrel - 2

Other:

- Common Raven - 3
- Pronghorn - 14+
- CSU Ornithology Club documented other bird species as well

Thanks Gary Lefko, Nunn

http://coloradobirder.club/