Date: 1/29/17 10:58 am
From: James Hinson <jmhinson...>
Subject: [texbirds] Houston Greater Pewee's (1/29)
Texbirders

Today was the day that two groups of area birders set out to prove the theory of the existence of possibly 2 Greater Pewee's here in the Houston area. One group started at sunrise out in Bear Creek Park, and simultaneously the other out at Memorial Oaks Cemetery, 2 1/2-3 miles away. The Pewee out at Bear Creek appeared at 7:24 AM near Restroom #9. While we kept vigil on that bird, at 7:37 AM, the group out at Memorial Oaks called and said they were on the other. Seems quite extraordinary to me, considering this is the 5th year in a row we've had at least one of this species here. I believe that something my be evolving with the range of this species.

Jim Hinson
Houston, Tx.
http://www.freelists.org/list/texbirds

from the List Owner