Date: 1/27/17 10:01 am
From: Aaron Tucker <baelnic...>
Subject: [cobirds] Re: Help with woodpecker ID
There is at least 1 Yellow-Bellied Sapsucker still at Washington Park in
Denver.

Park on the north side of the park (I suggest on Franklin Street just east
of the kiddy pond). The bird has been staying close to the pines just north
of Smith Lake. Specifically there is a pine between the Bike/Walking path
and Smith Lake that is numbered with a red diamond sign, #5. Both days he
was spotted in that tree. Both days he was audibly evident (mostly pecking)
by around 9am. He's a sneaky bird as it took a couple of us right around an
hour to get 3 solid looks.

Good luck

Aaron Tucker
Aurora, CO