Date: 1/26/17 11:43 am
From: HARRY FORBES <hforbes...>
Subject: [texbirds] Golden-crowned Warbler in Refugio
First of all, I have not been to Refugio so have not yet seen subject bird in person.
A good friend asked me this morning if I had tried for the Golden-crowned Warbler seen during the day yesterday at Lion's/Shelley Park in Refugio.  Since none of the viewers saw fit to post it to Texbirds, I didn't even know it was there.  I had to go to Ebird to get the details.
So, this is for all Texbirders who still think Texbirds is relevant and should be used for unusual sightings.   Subject bird was seen by several observers yesterday....and I would assume it's still there.
Last year, one was present there for several days, so it isn't entirely unexpected.
Harry Forbes (San Antonio and Port Alto)
http://www.freelists.org/list/texbirds

from the List Owner

Join us on Facebook!