Date: 1/26/17 7:51 am
From: Tiffany Kersten <tiffanykersten...>
Subject: [texbirds] McAllen Nature Center
The Audubon's Oriole continues to delight visitors, giving great looks at
the feeding station. We also have hooded and altimiras visiting our small
urban site. A summer tanager paid a quick visit to the feeding station
yesterday morning during the weekly Bird & Nature Walk, and a green
kingfisher and vermilion flycatcher were present at the southeast corner of
our park, near the canal. About 110 red-crowned parrots also flew over our
site yesterday around 8 am, as well as our daily visits from our resident
Harris's Hawks.
We're open 8 am to sunset (currently 6 pm) daily, now through May. We'll
close in the event of steady rain.

Tiffany L. Kersten
Mission, TX

http://www.freelists.org/list/texbirds