Date: 1/24/17 4:48 pm
From: Mary Beth Stowe <mbstowe...>
Subject: [texbirds] Amazon Kingfisher - NO
Hi, all!

Took visiting birders Steve and Marion to Laredo for a shot at the Amazon
Kingfisher, which sadly was a no-show, although a female Green got us going
a couple of times! We walked down that nice caliche road off Eagle Pass
Road and at least HEARD a seedeater, but never was able to pull one out
either there or at Zecate Creek. The most exciting sighting wasn't a bird
at all, but a female Filagree Skimmer at Zecate! Marion spotted a Merlin
and a couple of other things I put in brackets.

Some pictures are on my Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/marybeth.stowe

Bird List:

Gadwall Anas strepera

"Mexican Duck" Anas platyrhynchos diazi

Pied-billed Grebe Podilymbus podiceps

Neotropic Cormorant Phalacrocorax brasilianus

Great Blue Heron Ardea herodias

Great Egret Ardea alba

Snowy Egret Egretta thula

Green Heron Butorides virescens

Black-crowned Night-Heron Nycticorax nycticorax

Black Vulture Coragyps atratus

Turkey Vulture Cathartes aura

Osprey Pandion haliaetus

Cooper's Hawk Accipiter cooperii

Harris's Hawk Parabuteo unicinctus

Red-tailed Hawk Buteo jamaicensis

American Coot Fulica americana

Spotted Sandpiper Actitis macularius

Rock Pigeon Columba livia

Eurasian Collared-Dove Streptopelia decaocto

Mourning Dove Zenaida macroura

Inca Dove Columbina inca

Ringed Kingfisher Megaceryle torquata

Green Kingfisher Chloroceryle americana

Golden-fronted Woodpecker Melanerpes aurifrons

Ladder-backed Woodpecker Picoides scalaris

Crested Caracara Caracara cheriway

[Merlin]

American Kestrel Falco sparverius

Black Phoebe Sayornis nigricans

Great Kiskadee Pitangus sulphuratus

Couch's Kingbird Tyrannus couchii

White-eyed Vireo Vireo griseus

[Loggerhead Shrike]

[Green Jay]

Chihuahuan Raven Corvus cryptoleucus

Northern Rough-winged Swallow Stelgidopteryx serripennis

Cave Swallow Petrochelidon fulva

Verdin Auriparus flaviceps

House Wren Troglodytes aedon

Blue-gray Gnatcatcher Polioptila caerulea

Ruby-crowned Kinglet Regulus calendula

Northern Mockingbird Mimus polyglottos

European Starling Sturnus vulgaris

Orange-crowned Warbler Oreothlypis celata

Common Yellowthroat Geothlypis trichas

Yellow-rumped Warbler Setophaga coronata

White-collared Seedeater Sporophila torqueola

Lincoln's Sparrow Melospiza lincolnii

Northern Cardinal Cardinalis cardinalis

Western Meadowlark Sturnella neglecta

Great-tailed Grackle Quiscalus mexicanus

Bronzed Cowbird Molothrus aeneus

House Finch Haemorhous mexicanus

House Sparrow Passer domesticus

51 SPECIES (54 with the additions)