Date: 1/24/17 8:55 am
From: Christopher Hill <Chill...>
Subject: Recent Decisions, South Carolina Bird Records Committee
All,

The South Carolina Bird Records committee finished a round of voting recently, and Kent Fiala has uploaded the results here: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.carolinabirdclub.org_brc_SC_reports.html&d=CwIFAg&c=imBPVzF25OnBgGmVOlcsiEgHoG1i6YHLR0Sj_gZ4adc&r=ymRCw6Q-sBitug_rdeO1Tokz-I_SX2LQN2_Ocvlal9U&m=5fPFTQKCBkLY6t_0PMo8qCy_sYXCOFGT8PhU65GTCtQ&s=XIjJQqUL_Pf9SWyaLOoSJRQ_oaBiShQtGqKogJXtcuo&e=

It was a very straightforward year, with all decisions unanimous in favor, except for one report, a Masked Duck report from long long ago, recently uncovered. That one garnered two votes for acceptance, but failed to get the necessary tally to pass.

Full details on each record, with context, will as always be published in the Chat in 2017 (and also details on the last couple 2016 reports that still need a vote).

Thanks to all of you who submit rare bird reports.

Now I've got to go submit an Iceland Gull report from last Saturday...

Chris Hill
SCBRC chair

Join us on Facebook!