Date: 1/24/17 8:37 am
From: Berner Family <dmarc-noreply...> (Redacted sender jcazberner for DMARC)
Subject: [texbirds] Harris Harlequin actually was Mandarin Duck
Texbirders:
Nina Rach made a typo and entered Harlequin Duck instead of Mandarin Duck. As Harris County ebird reviewer I blocked it and sent her a note and she apologized and corrected it. Unfortunately, as ebird alert is instantaneous, folks get an immediate rarity email . Due to the large volume of Harris County ebirders in this 4.5 million person county unfortunately I would say about once a month in Harris County we get a report entered incorrectly. Thus some caution is needed before immediately following up on exceedingly rare birds. John BernerThe Berners
John, Cathy, Abby and Zach
http://www.freelists.org/list/texbirds

from the List Owner

Join us on Facebook!