Date: 1/23/17 9:31 pm
From: David Suddjian <dsuddjian...>
Subject: [cobirds] A few JeffCo birds 1/23
Hine Lake at Robert A. Easton Regional Park had a lot of goose action early
this morning, with lots of flocks flying out and in. *Cackling Geese* was
most abundant there (1,150), as usual, but with them was an adult *Gr.
White-fronted Goose* that flew out and an imm. *Snow Goose* that flew
in. A *Greater
Scaup *was on the lake, and a *Prairie Falcon* flew by. A fellow passing by
informed me that he had no fewer than 5 Peregrine Falcons in his yard this
morning. I said that was interesting.

Blue Heron Park has a handsome male *Wood Duck* that has been there for a
while. Harriman Lake Park had a female *Canvasback *and a female *Red-breasted
Merganser*, with a *Merlin *perched in the adjacent neighborhood.

Back home in Ken Caryl Valley an immature *Nor. Goshawk* was along Massey
Draw near my home, and I think the same bird was seen a short time after at
the Dakota Hogback where Ken Caryl Blvd passes through. My backyard *Lesser
Goldfinches* have become infrequent and few since soon after the New Year;
now I have just one rarely (such as today).

David Suddjian
Ken Caryl Valley
Littleton, CO