Date: 1/21/17 8:44 am
Subject: Iceland Gull at Horry County Landfill
All,
A group of birders from Charleston and Columbia observed a juvenile/first winter Iceland Gull at the Horry County Landfill this morning (first spotted by Pam Ford). We got great, close looks at it on the ground and will be posting an eBird list with photos later today. In addition to the Iceland, we also saw 5 Lesser Black-backed Gulls, about 30 Great Black-backed Gulls and thousands of the more common species.
Note that the HCL closes at 2:30 PM on Saturdays and is not open on Sundays. Before birding the landfill, birders should check in at the scale house. Chris Hill recently posted an update to his site description on the Carolina Bird Club website.

Andy Harrison
Charleston, SC

Sent from my iPhone

Join us on Facebook!