Date: 10/21/24 11:49 am
From: John Liller <stanager44...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Broad Meadow Brook - 10/21/24
My wife, Kim Kastler, and I walked the "Route 2 Loop" this morning at the
Broad Meadow Brook Wildlife Sanctuary in Worcester. (The "Route 2 Loop"
consists of the Troiano Brookside Trail and the Cardinal Trail, including a
side trip to the Green Heron Pond.) Lots of sparrows in the marsh, but many
went unidentified as they were diving in and out of the vegetation, so they
were difficult to pin down.

John Liller

Here is the list:

Red-bellied Woodpecker 4
Downy Woodpecker 4
Hairy Woodpecker 2
Eastern Phoebe 1 (Calling and pumping tail; feeding off insects over the
Green Heron Pond)
Blue Jay 21
American Crow 2
Common Raven 1
Black-capped Chickadee 6
Tufted Titmouse 5
Ruby-crowned Kinglet 3
White-breasted Nuthatch 1
Carolina Wren 4
American Robin 5
Cedar Waxwing 26. (Young birds as well as adults in 2 groups, all eating
berries)
House Finch 4
American Goldfinch 5
White-throated Sparrow 28