Date: 10/20/24 1:32 pm
From: lcarrigan_55 via groups.io <carriganbw...>
Subject: [IBLE] Swainson's Thrush Today
Today's Fall migrant was a Swainson's Thrush. Didn't find any Warblers, Vireos or Kinglets. Winter resident Townsend's Solitaires are busy staking out their Rocky Mtn juniper trees & already competing with American Robins for juniper berries.

Others today: Red-tailed Hawks, an adult Bald Eagle perched across the river & an overhead attack by a Sharp-shinned Hawk missed a flight of American Goldfinches. My little backyard colony of Least Chipmunks is busy storing scattered black-oil sunflower seeds as fast as possible, filling their cheek pouches to near bursting! I enjoy watching their antics as much as birding!

Brian Carrigan
Blackfoot