Date: 10/19/24 8:13 pm
From: Barbara Volkle <barb620...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Re: [NHBirds] The passing of Davis Finch
Thanks to Scott Heron for this post.

Barbara Volkle
Northborough, MA
<barb620...>

*

From: Scott Heron <smheron...>
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2024 21:57:57 -0400
Subject: Re: [NHBirds] The passing of Davis Finch

Davis was always such a kind, humble, and welcoming spirit to us New
Hampshire birders. His legendary "meat pile" was one of my early exposures
to birding. Imagine driving down your average New England country road,
looking up and seeing a cloud of gulls overhead. Add Bald Eagles in the
double digits as well as the occasional rarity, and that was Davis' yard.

I snapped this shot back in 2015 and I was honored that NH Audubon chose it
as part of Davis' 2016 Goodhue-Elkins Award. It perfectly captured his
patience and undying fascination with the natural world.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/scottheron/16494681373/

Scott Heron
Barrington, NH

Join us on Facebook!