Date: 10/17/24 5:14 pm
From: KevinMcG via groups.io <kmcgrath...>
Subject: [hmbirds] Thursday October 24, 2024
Hey all,

Next week there will be TWO birding events on Thursday.

In the morning, let’s meet at Lions Park on Rosendale Road at 8am.  We will walk the bike trail to the Ferry Street bridge.

Additionally, we have been invited to visit the Bird Banding Station at the Berkshire Bird Observatory in Great Barrington, MA.  The Saw Whet Owls are moving and they expect to net and band several in the few hours after sunset.

We will meet the banding station chief at 6:45 and be led to the banding site.  Let us meet at my house (177 New Road, Nassau, NY) at 5:30pm and we will carpool from here.  It’s about an hour from my house.

We can take up to 10-12 people and currently have 5 so we can take 5 more ( first come- first serve).  Please text or email me if you would like to join  us.

Special Thanks to Eve Waterman for setting this up.   If We have more than 12, we can arrange another visit later.