Date: 10/16/24 6:44 pm
Subject: Re: 2024 Gray-cheeked Thrush Program - Falls Lake (Summary)
Thanx to you 3 for birding & commaraderie......

Yahoo Mail: Search, Organize, Conquer

On Wed, Oct 16, 2024 at 6:25 PM, Brian Pendergraft" (via carolinabirds Mailing List)<carolinabirds...> wrote:
Good evening everyone.
Over 100 birders, some of which visited multiple times, visited the yard here at Falls Lake, and I'm hopeful that they enjoyed their mornings looking at a bunch of Rose-breasted Grosbeaks, as well as some other goodies.  The lack of dogwood berries shifted our attention to the large magnolia for the thrushes, vireos, etc., and we did like everyone else have a Bay-breasted every day.
Philadelphia Vireo, Winter Wren, Great-horned Owl to name a few were the best birds during the program, but the goal was to get people on everything.  I broke the yard record by a bunch, and I benefitted again with multiple eyes being here.
Oatmeal and Marshmallow (special deer) made numerous visits, so that was special too.
Tony and Ryan were so incredible with their passion to help everyone, and without them there would be no program.  A little surgery for me, and I bet I can be talked into this thing again in 2025.
To everyone who joined us......it was a pleasure and THANK YOU!
Please see the ebird trip report summary.
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://ebird.org/tripreport/280182__;!!OToaGQ!uw5boF9CNsYD7MBJICVSVyuBr0_ZWsUjsQrAo07Iz4suuXlpMzwRN_sFH8nCIMMSPNthDtzTL1x15IFEbQPx$

Brian PendergraftFalls Lake, NC

Join us on Facebook!