Date: 10/16/24 3:25 pm
Subject: 2024 Gray-cheeked Thrush Program - Falls Lake (Summary)
Good evening everyone.

Over 100 birders, some of which visited multiple times, visited the yard
here at Falls Lake, and I'm hopeful that they enjoyed their mornings
looking at a bunch of Rose-breasted Grosbeaks, as well as some other
goodies. The lack of dogwood berries shifted our attention to the large
magnolia for the thrushes, vireos, etc., and we did like everyone else have
a Bay-breasted every day.

Philadelphia Vireo, Winter Wren, Great-horned Owl to name a few were the
best birds during the program, but the goal was to get people on
everything. I broke the yard record by a bunch, and I benefitted again
with multiple eyes being here.

Oatmeal and Marshmallow (special deer) made numerous visits, so that was
special too.

Tony and Ryan were so incredible with their passion to help everyone, and
without them there would be no program. A little surgery for me, and I bet
I can be talked into this thing again in 2025.

To everyone who joined us......it was a pleasure and THANK YOU!

Please see the ebird trip report summary.

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://ebird.org/tripreport/280182__;!!OToaGQ!tLoeH9FC_XKj7LhfVvy7QKbC6-1uS2ZTTMJ63INIr17P_8_1a_y1Guyp5VCqa4FvC4k4lVfchYCr7mpqXzNK6TZhbMc$

Brian Pendergraft
Falls Lake, NC

Join us on Facebook!