Date: 10/16/24 8:55 am
From: 'PAUL ROBERTS' via Arlington Birds <arlingtonbirds...>
Subject: [Arlington Birds] Turkey Vulture Evacuation Today
Did anyone receive or otherwise see a notice advising all Turkey
Vultures to evacuate Canada, or Northern New England, or
Massachusetts? Locally we have 20-30 mph West winds and frost well
north and perhaps a bit west of us. Doing errands, I had 1 TV over the
Mystic Lakes, drove a half mile and had five TVs swirling southeast
together, and drove another half mile and had 3 TV's in a conga line
heading south. Yesterday sights in Ontario and Michigan had thousands
of TVs migrating by their sites. Keep your eyes open! These
eagle-sized birds are impressive flyers and use the strong, gusty
winds incredibly well to migrate. You might see some spectacular
action today. Best, Paul Paul M. Roberts
Medford, MA
<phawk254...>

--
Group home page: