Date: 10/13/24 12:46 pm
From: Florence Sanchez via groups.io <sanchezucsb11...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] Hollister Tech Park, Oct. 13
After getting great looks at the Hepatic Tanager at Evergreen Open Space, I checked out San Miguel Open Space in Winchester canyon before going on to the Tech Park.  (No sign of a Red-throated vireo at San Miguel for the second day in a row.)
The western parking lot of the Tech Park produced a nice variety of Warblers this morning:  Yellow-Rumped, Townsend's, Black-throated Gray, Orange-crowned, Nashville, and Lucy's.  A few people got a quick glimpse of an immature MacGillivray's Warbler in the low ivy-covered hedge by the western fence in the southwest corner of the lot.  It was not responsive to pishing and could not be coaxed to pop up again.  When I departed, birders were trying to refind a warbler that flew out of the pines and might possibly have been a Grace's Warbler
Florence Sanchez

View/Reply Online (#37909): https://sbcobirding.groups.io/g/main/message/37909
Updated status and distribution of Santa Barbara County birds: http://www.sbcobirding.com/lehmanbosbc.html
For guides to birding eBird Hotspots in SB, see https://birdinghotspots.org/us/california/santa-barbara-county