Date: 10/13/24 9:29 am
From: Ruth Grissom <ruthgrissom...>
Subject: Blue headed vireo singing yesterday
I was hiking on the Uwharrie Trail yesterday around noon and heard a blue headed vireo singing. I’m a dilettante birder so perhaps this is far more common than I know, but it struck me as unusual for a migrant to sing in the fall, especially in an area where it’s unlikely to breed.

I will add that when I first heard it, I thought it might be a red eyed vireo because they are in general such persistent singers, but Merlin suggested blue headed and that seemed truer to what I was hearing.

I’d appreciate any thoughts y’all might have. Always appreciate the opportunity to learn.

Many thanks,
Ruth Ann
Uwharrie National Forest

Sent from my iPhone