Date: 10/12/24 8:03 pm
From: Barbara Volkle <barb620...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Great Pond Randolph Great Variety
Thanks to Paul Peterson for this report.

Barbara Volkle
Northborough, MA
<barb620...>

*

Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2024 17:54:05 +0000 (UTC)
From: Paul Peterson <petersonpaul63...>
Subject: Great Pond Randolph Great Variety

I birded this beautiful, peaceful, place from 12:45-4:30. Thanks to
Bonnie, otherwise, I would have missed the HUDSONIAN GODWIT: I covered
almost the entire Randolph side of the upper reservoir. (the upper
reservoir iis actually the southern of the two reservoirs). I also
covered most of the dike, which was too high for anything except swans
and a few cormorants.

Great Blue Heron 1
Green-winged Teal 37
American Black Duck 2
Ruddy Duck 32+
Ring-necked Duck 20+
scaup sp. 1
diving duck sp. 15
Red-shouldered Hawk 2+      incl. imm. eating a snake on branch
Red-tailed Hawk 1
Osprey 1
Cooper's Hawk 1
Semipalmated Plover 23+
Killdeer 6+
Semipalmated Sandpiper 2
White-rumped Sandpiper 1
peep sp. 10
Lesser Yellowlegs 2
Greater Yellowlegs 9
Hudsonian Godwit 1     fourth day here; upper reservoir alone
Hairy Woodpecker 1
Blue-headed Vireo 1    F.O.F
Common Raven 1          heard.
American Pipit 20       Braintree side; saw flying ; a cloud of birds
Yellow-rumped Warbler 12
Blackpoll Warbler 3
White-throated Sparrow 7

Paul Peterson