Date: 10/8/24 7:13 pm
From: bike4birds via groups.io <tmccabe9...>
Subject: [IBLE] Yardbirds
I was pleased and surprised today when a pair of DE Juncos showed up in our yard. I was even more surprised when a BC Hummer showed up to sample my feeders. Sadly, it did not stick around, but maybe it's a morning bird! And my regular visitors now include Pine Siskins, RB Nuthatches, and a Song Sparrow.
And while my bird counts on my bike rides have recently trended down, Susan and I were treated to a Bald Eagle today. It was across the river, in the vicinity of Silver Lake, where the river splits to create the island. First one for both of us in quite a while.
Wonder who will show up tomorrow?
Tom McCabe, Boise