Date: 10/7/24 2:49 pm
From: Dennis Doordan via groups.io <ddoordan...>
Subject: Re: [sbcobirding] Great Egrets at LLC overflow
Just to add a note to Adam’s alert: I birded the overflow pond at Lake Los
Carneros late this morning (Monday, 10/7). The best place to view the pond
is along the south-east corner; there is a high bank that runs just a
few yards in from the roadway along Calle Real that offers an unobstructed
view of the pond . This is a good spot for ducks at the moment with
American Wigeons, Blue-winged Teals, and Northern Shovelers in addition to
the usual collection of Mallards, Coots, Pied-billed Grebes and herons and
egrets.

Dennis Doordan

On Sun, Oct 6, 2024 at 5:28 PM Adam Lewis (sbfledgling) via groups.io
<aj.lewis...> wrote:

> Late Saturday afternoon I found a gathering of about 20 Great Egrets at
> the LLC overflow pond near to Calle Real. The south end was loaded with
> a few dozen ducks – I didn’t get close enough to ID them but it looked I
> guess there were mallards, wigeons and gadwalls in the mix. Also a
> couple of Great Blue Herons on the north edge.
>
> Three pictures on Flickr.
> *https://www.flickr.com/photos/sbfledgling/with/54048525004/*
> <https://www.flickr.com/photos/sbfledgling/with/54048525004/>
>
> Adam Lewis