Date: 10/7/24 7:08 am
From: lcarrigan_55 via groups.io <carriganbw...>
Subject: Re: [IBLE] White-breasted Nuthatch
We have plenty of natural tree cavities in the cottonwoods on our place. And, those near the river have nesting tree swallows, red-naped sapsuckers, downy woodpeckers & screech owls. But, those closer to the house have been hijacked by starlings.

The starlings don't bother with the feeder, but seem to be most attracted by lawn earthworms, esp in the morning. We seem to have reached a "steady state" with the starlings, about 3-4 nest cavities ea spring. Beats hundreds & hundreds of them, like I see near some feedlot areas.

Brian Carrigan
Blackfoot