Date: 10/6/24 8:29 am
From: Jeff Brough - Idaho Falls via groups.io <brogjl...>
Subject: Re: [IBLE] White-breasted Nuthatch
I've had a Red-breasted Buthatch hitting my feeder for a few days now.  They are an infrequent visitor to my place, as I live in a small oasis surrounded by farm fields.
But what's more significant for me is the appearance 2 days ago of a pair of Stellars Jays, a bird I've never seen here, and a long ways away from their typical habitat.
They didn't stay, but it was a pleasant suprise.  I wonder if this years fires are moving birds into other areas?
Jeff Brough