Date: 10/3/24 7:03 am
Subject: Re: Bees in oriole feeder filled with jelly
I don't know the exact timing where you are, but for a brief period in fall, yellowjackets are really abundant, but they will decline quickly as the fall goes on. (Maybe someone else on the list has more info about timing?). So I'm not sure how to keep them off jelly but you can probably wait them out (and wild foods are abundant in October, so Orioles should be more jelly-motivated as winter gets here).

Odd thing: my email program now thinks that the <carolinabirds...> <mailto:<carolinabirds...> address belongs to Jamie Adams (see screen capture below, if attachments like that are allowed).

Chris Hill, Ph.D.
Professor
Biology Department
Coastal Carolina University
Office: Douglas 207H
(843) 349-2567
email: <chill...>

> On Oct 3, 2024, at 9:51 AM, rkbbirder (null) <carolinabirds...> wrote:
>
> CAUTION: This email originated from outside your organization. Exercise caution when opening attachments or clicking links, especially from unknown senders.
>
> My orioles have started to return. The bees/ yellow jackets have taken over the feeder.
> How do I handle this- quit filling with jelly, take continue?
> I do not want to loose my orioles.
> Thanks
> Kent
> R Kent Bedenbaugh