Date: 10/1/24 7:33 pm
From: lcarrigan_55 via groups.io <carriganbw...>
Subject: [IBLE] Kettles of Swainson's Hawks
Watched several kettles of 75+ Swainson's Hawks headed South this afternoon. Then, toward dusk, one group started dropping into our property's cottonwoods. In our 36 yrs here, have witnessed such only one other time, when a group dropped in for a rest & was gone by daybreak.

Most I counted on one tree today was 10 individuals (photo). Other groups were in neighboring trees in 3's to 6 or more. Just imagine, some of these birds may find their way to the Pampas of Argentina this month!

Brian Carrigan
Blackfoot