Date: 9/30/24 3:01 am
From: lcarrigan_55 via groups.io <carriganbw...>
Subject: Re: [IBLE] Fall Migration
Thanks, Diann! Pygmy has made only a handful of visits over the years. Once had a Saw-whet take refuge in the open rafters of our garage during a raging blizzard! I had inadvertently left a garage door open & went to close it, then saw the little owl staring down at me. Left the door open & it had departed by daybreak.

Last night, had a pair of Great-horneds carrying on a "conversation ' with each other for a half hour, in backyard cottonwoods. Others, over the years, have been: Long-eared, Short-eared, Barn & a single sighting of a Great Gray flyover. Shows importance of intact Riparian habitat.

YR Warbler activity is rapidly fading. We have a change with lower temperatures arriving this week & think that will play a role with the rush of fall migration.

Brian Carrigan
Blackfoot