Date: 9/27/24 7:12 pm
From: Ryan Seppala via groups.io <rjseppala...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] New Chestnut-sided Warbler: Hollister x Pebble Beach Dr.
Around noon today I had a new Chestnut-sided Warbler in the eucalyptus grove on the SE end of the intersection with Hollister and Pebble Beach Drive, in Goleta. This grove is the northernmost extent of a row of habitat running north from the Coronado Preserve, and about 1200 ft from the Newport Dr. CSWA, which was also seen today. The habitat here is excellent and hosted many migrants. Should be worth checking abundantly in the future.

I also had Nick’s Northern Waterthrush this evening from the Patterson Ave bridge above Atascadero Creek. It was a difficult spot, showing 3 times in a little over an hour.

Good birding,

Ryan Seppala
Isla Vista

View/Reply Online (#37826): https://sbcobirding.groups.io/g/main/message/37826