Date: 9/26/24 12:57 pm
From: Alex Castelein via groups.io <alex.castelein...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] 2 Orchard Orioles and Blue Grosbeak Isla Vista
Hi all,

After failing to relocate Sue's Prairie Warbler at Evergreen this morning,
I made a few quick stops on my bike ride back to Isla Vista.

The only spots with anything of note were Tipi Village and Sueño Orchard
(which are right across the street from each other and part of the same
hotspot). I was mainly going to check the status of the fig trees, which
have a lot of currently unripe fruit. I was surprised to have a very
confiding female/immature Blue Grosbeak at the south edge of the
community gardens, which is rare this late.

Then a quick check of the red-flowering hedge row at the west edge of Sueño
Orchard produced (fittingly) two Orchard Orioles. One immature molting male
that already has a lot of chestnut on its breast and one female.

There are good birds out there, and not just in the usual spots! Go check
your little neighborhood patches :)

Alex Castelein
Isla Vista/UCSB

View/Reply Online (#37810): https://sbcobirding.groups.io/g/main/message/37810