Date: 9/24/24 12:30 pm
From: <sohzendeh...>
Subject: [Arlington Birds] Introducing New England Shorebird Guide (NESG) from Bird Observer
Folks,

In collaboration with Bird Observer staff, we have created an online free
visual guide to shorebirds of New England. Use this short URL to get to it
directly:
https://www.birdobserver.org/NESG.

The first seventeen species accounts are currently on-line and active.
Another 15 species accounts are projected to be available within the next 6
months.
The guide is designed primarily as a visual aid that can be used in the
field on your smart phone; it is also accessible via tablet or computer.

I have prepared a brief user manual for the guide:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MrdaCuy66XZXhuDbgigBQQg4n8GvIvDwhocvOO0J
7oo/edit?usp=sharing

Our hope is that you find this guide useful for finding and identifying
shorebirds in our region. Due to severe declines in the populations of most
shorebird species over the past several decades, it is important that bird
and nature-lovers become as familiar as possible with these birds and
advocate for their conservation.

It is also important that you communicate to us the short-comings, errors
and inconsistencies of this guide so that we can improve future versions.

Enjoy the shorebirds.

For Bird Observer staff:
Soheil Zendeh
Littleton, MA 01460