Date: 11/6/20 11:55 am
From: michael krall <michaelkrall670...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Camera/binocular harness
I use a kinesis gear 2 shoulder backpack style harness for my canon 7d and
100-400 lens along with a standard binocular shoulder harness. I synch my
bins up higher than usual and the camera dangles down a little low. Not
perfect but far less fatigue on my back than when I used a single shoulder
style strap for my camera, plus the bins.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1177055-REG/kinesis_h717_k_x_harness.html/amp

On Fri, Nov 6, 2020 at 10:23 AM Finnegan <shawneenfinnegan...>
wrote:

> Marty:
>
> These were called Tripacks (sp?) and I bought two of them long ago from
> David and Sue Yee’s business called Wandering Tattler. This was at least 30
> years ago and it is still in great shape. I still have one or maybe both
> though I haven’t used it in ages due to having knee issues way back when.
> The tripods and scopes were so heavy back then I had to stop carrying one
> around with me on long hikes.
>
> Shawneen Finnegan
> Beaverton
>
> On Nov 6, 2020, at 9:33 AM, Lew & Marti Ligocki <
> <ligockibirds...> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> About 35 years ago, we had a carry-system that put a tripod with legs
> partially extended on our backs with a camera body attached, but not a big
> lens. We carried the lens/s in vest pockets and bins on straps or on a
> harness. We moved away from this mainly because it took too long to set up
> and get a shot. Worked better for folks who used it for tripod and scope. I
> think these were called Tri-packs and were sort of promoted by George Lepp.
> As I recall, they were made by a Mom-and-Pop company that specialized in
> gear for photographers, so they might not even be available today.
>
> Hope this adds a useful dimension to the search.
>
> Marti Ligocki
> South Salem
>

> --
Michael Krall